International Teams Officer (Internship)
Location: Edinburgh (and Cardiff from 20 July – 7 August 2019)
Full-time for 4 months
Closing date: 22 April 2019, midnight
Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019
About the Homeless World Cup Foundation
The Homeless World Cup Foundation uses street football to engage people who are homeless and
organises a high-profile annual street football tournament to act as a catalyst for change. The
tournament provides a focus for Street football partners and players and helps us raise awareness and change perceptions of people who are homeless – on average 80,000 people attend the tournament with over 2m watching online around the world.
This year’s Homeless World Cup will be held in Cardiff, Wales, from 27 July to 3 August.
You will be joining the International Partnerships team to support the preparation and management of the 64 Street Football teams from 51 nations coming to Cardiff to compete the Homeless World Cup. It is essential that travel and arrangements are well organised for the teams’ arrival. This role will support staff and teams with administrative duties related to preparing for teams’ attendance at the Cardiff 2019 Homeless World Cup as well as supporting staff and Street Football teams during the event in Cardiff. You will report to the International Partnerships Manager.
- Manage registration data for Teams (for instance following up on missing information, supporting partners with completing forms)
- Prepare supporting documentation for visas and travel
- Prepare and manage Team related communication
- Prepare schedule and logistics for planned leisure, cultural and development activities at the Cardiff 2019 Homeless World Cup
- Represent the Homeless World Cup Foundation as a core member of the organising committee during the event (this will require relocation to Cardiff from 20 July – 7 August 2019)
What We Can Offer
- Work experience in an international organisation and with 64 Street Football partners worldwide
- A small dynamic and enthusiastic team
- Opportunity to gain insight into the work of the other teams at the Homeless World Cup Foundation
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the Homeless World Cup live in Cardiff
Required Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Professional standard of written English
- Interest in sport for development, football and/ or homelessness
- Culturally sensitive and flexible communication skills
- Discrete and professional handling of information
- Flexible and intuitive working attitude
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an international environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database
- Language proficiency in Spanish or French
- Formatting and editing skills
- Experience in event logistics, event delivery, office administration or project management
Closing date for application is 22 April 2019, midnight.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 29 April 2019.
Please complete the application form and send it to Elisa@homelessworldcup.org or post it to Homeless World Cup Foundation, 1 Broughton Market, Edinburgh, EH3 6NU.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Download Application Form HERE
Download Equality and Monitoring Form HERE