Content Creator (Internship)
Location: Edinburgh (and Cardiff from 20 July – 7 August 2019)
Full-time for 4 months
Closing date: 22 April 2019, midnight
Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019
About the Homeless World Cup Foundation
The Homeless World Cup Foundation uses street football to engage people who are homeless and organises a high-profile annual street football tournament to act as a catalyst for change. The tournament provides a focus for Street Football Partners and players and helps us raise awareness and change perceptions of people who are homeless – on average 80,000 people attend the tournament with over 2 million watching online around the world.
This year’s Homeless World Cup will be held in Cardiff, Wales, from 27 July to 3 August.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to help us create and deliver content across our channels and join our Communications Team during the Cardiff 2019 Homeless World Cup.
As a content creator you will be working closely with the Communications Team in creating written and visual content for the Homeless World Cup Foundation channels. Core duties will include assisting researching, gathering, fact checking and creating compelling content, as well as monitoring social media channels and assisting with the production and launch of the new Homeless World Cup Foundation Podcast.
This is an internship opportunity, based in the Homeless World Cup Foundation office in Edinburgh and at the Cardiff 2019 Homeless World Cup Wales.
- Write and edit copy for publication on HWCF website and on social media
- Work with Partner organizations to generate news and human-interest stories
- Brainstorm possible forum discussion topics; and assist with podcast creation
- Review HWC YouTube channel for best-of videos for use on website
- Copy writing
- Social media monitoring
- Liaising with creatives to develop stories for HWCF’s channels
Essential Skills and Traits
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Fluent in English
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Understanding of digital communications and social media platforms
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Desired Skills and Traits
- BSc/BA in Journalism, Communications or a related field is desired
- Familiarity with Audacity or other sound editing software
- Familiarity with image manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp) and design software (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator) and content management systems
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant or similar role
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to build their skill set while working with a unique global organization and to work was part of a dynamic team delivering our flagship event in Cardiff.
Closing date for application is 22 April 2019, midnight.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 29 April 2019.
Please complete the application form and send it, along with a sample of your written work (between 500-1000 words), to Elisa@homelessworldcup.org or post it to Homeless World Cup Foundation, 1 Broughton Market, Edinburgh, EH3 6NU.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Download Application Form HERE
Download Equality and Monitoring Form HERE